Tamarillo Relish with deep fried Brie Top of Form Add “Deep- Bottom of Form Ingredients For the deep-fried Brie
- 150g/5½oz Brie, cut into 3 wedges
- 1 egg, beaten
- 75g/2½oz fresh breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- To make the deep-fried Brie, dip the Brie wedges first in beaten egg and then in breadcrumbs and again in the egg and again in the breadcrumbs. Fill a wok one-quarter-full of vegetable oil and heat to 180C/350F. The oil is ready when you drop a breadcrumb in and it sizzles. (CAUTION: hot oil is dangerous; do not leave unattended.) When the oil is ready, add the breaded Brie and deep fry until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- To make the relish, put all the ingredients for the relish in a small saucepan and cook gently until thick and syrupy.
- To serve, place the deep-fried Brie on a plate and serve with a small bowl of the tamarillo relish.